Quit With Us on Mondays
Smokers often wait for special occasions like birthdays or New Year’s to quit, but most will go back to smoking within a month. Studies show that it takes several attempts to stop smoking for good.
I Quit & Stay Quit Monday (QSQM) offers a more sustainable solution. Rather than wait for an annual event to try quitting, you can take advantage of 52 Mondays every year and the global support network that comes with them.
- Smoking leads to serious health problems such as emphysema, cancer, heart disease, and stroke.
- Quitting can help reverse some of the damage smoking causes.
- The sooner you quit, the sooner your body can start healing.
Remember when you made that New Year’s resolution to quit smoking? As hard as you tried, you got off track and swore to try again next year. You’re not alone. It takes most people several attempts to really quit smoking.
That’s where Monday comes in. Rather than waiting for an annual event to quit smoking, use Monday as a day to quit or get back on track.
How can I use Monday?
- Each Monday, plan for the week ahead.
- Look back on the previous week and use Monday as a day to reward yourself for staying quit.
- Find a “quit buddy” or cessation counselor and use Monday to check-in about your progress.
Join the conversation on Facebook to connect with other quitters who understand your struggles and can provide advice for staying quit.
If you get off track, don’t let get you down. Instead, think about what caused you to slip, and give yourself a fresh start on Monday.
For more information, visit I Quit Monday.