Welcome to www.quitwithusla.org. Quit With Us, Louisiana is a partnership between Well-Ahead Louisiana, an initiative of the Louisiana Department of Health, and the Louisiana Campaign for Tobacco-Free Living. This policy applies solely to the direct use of www.quitwithusla.org. The primary function of this website is to provide the residents of Louisiana with tobacco information and cessation services offered by Quit With Us, Louisiana.
As you navigate www.quitwithusla.org you may see links that, when clicked, take you directly to resources or websites hosted outside of the www.quitwithusla.org website. These resources or websites will have their own individual privacy policies. Some of these policies will be similar to the www.quitwithusla.org policies, while others will be specifically tailored to the interactions available through that website. While the large majority of the links hosted by www.quitwithusla.org directly connect you to trusted resources or websites, some links directly connect to websites or resources being provided by third parties, such as social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). We strongly recommend you read the site policies for each site you visit.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Children under the age of 13 are not eligible to use services that require submission of personal information and should not submit any personal information to www.quitwithusla.org. If you are a child under the age of 13, you can use these services only if used together with your parents or guardians. Seek guidance from your parents or guardians if you are under the age of 13.
Collection of Information
www.quitwithusla.org collects information by the following processes:
Information We Collect Automatically
- Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager
- How and when you linked to www.quitwithusla.org, searches you initiated, things you clicked on, etc.
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the type of browser and operating system you used, and the pages you requested and visited.
- When you visit or interact with www.quitwithusla.org, we or our authorized service providers use persistent cookies solely to provide you with a better, faster, and safer experience.
- Security Monitoring
- We have taken precautions to protect your personal information under our control from misuse, loss, or alteration. Our security measures include industry standard technology and equipment to help protect your data. Unfortunately, however, no system can ensure complete security and you should take all necessary steps to protect your information and its transmission to us. Since the Internet is a public medium, we cannot guarantee the absolute protection of your personal information.
Information You Voluntarily Provide
- Location-Based (geo-location) Information
- quitwithusla.org does not attempt to directly gain access to your location-based information from your mobile phone, tablet, laptop computer or web browser.
- Contact Email
- When emailing email@example.com, you should only supply the minimum amount of information required to provide a description of the purpose of your message and enough contact information to be reached.
- Online Forms
Use of Information
How your information will be used
We automatically collect information to improve the content of our web services and help understand how our services are being used. This information does not identify you personally and is used for gathering web site statistics. The information we automatically collect and store in our logs about your visit helps us analyze our website to continually improve the value of the materials available. Our website logs do not identify a visitor by personal information, and we make no attempt to link other websites with the individuals who browse our web site.
The information you voluntarily submit will be disclosed only to Quit With Us, Louisiana employees, or those under contract with Quit With Us, Louisiana, on a “need-to-know basis” for purposes of fulfilling their job responsibilities. The information will be used for such purposes as answering your questions; responding to any requests for assistance; generating summary statistics about usage; auditing applications and detecting fraud; aiding in the planning, design and development of www.quitwithusla.org; and fulfilling any legal obligations.
How your information will not be used
No information collected through www.quitwithusla.org will be used for financial gain.
We respect your privacy and ability to choose whether to share information with us and any third party. You may choose to opt out of sharing personal information in several ways. When choosing to use certain features or services on www.quitwithusla.org, you can choose whether to share optional personal information in connection with the feature or service. If you receive communications from us that you prefer not to receive, you may opt out from receiving these communications by specifically indicating this preference via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also opt-out of providing personal information to us by not registering as an authorized client on www.quitwithusla.org and thereby not providing personal information.
Compliance with Legal Process
Quit With Us, Louisiana will not sell, lease, or distribute any information to any third party unless required by state or federal law. Quit With Us, Louisiana will release specific personal information about you if required to do so to comply with any valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers to signal their preference regarding potential “tracking” by third party websites. While the United States Federal Trade Commission has endorsed DNT, this site does not currently support DNT codes. However, except as otherwise disclosed herein, this site limits tracking to the internal uses described above. This site does not track your use across multiple websites; however, other websites to which we link may track your use. Please review privacy policies when you visit other websites to understand how you may be tracked.
This site and systems used to support this site comply with Louisiana’s Information Security Policy.
Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits individuals who are California residents to request certain information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Updates and Changes